Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Voices of the Norns - Past, Present and Future - an Offering

It has been quiet on this blog for awhile. I found myself in the world of not knowing what to share. The written word can be used for so many things and not all are suitable for immediate flaunting.. Creative writing has to take it's time and will, hopefully, be shared eventually. Private journal writing is for the most part, well, private. Nobody really wants to know the rambling of my journal pages. You just have to trust me on that one. It's beyond mad alert. It's tedious. Meanwhile, while the fictional stories in the making are slowly, painfully slowly to be honest, being created and private journal pages keep suffering I find myself thinking of what to share. Which undoubtedly leads to - why share?

Now, that is a good question. Or rather, for any writer, the question. As I would happily, chappily said in writing classes of old - everyone has something to share. Write, just write ... jada, jada. Easy to preach, is it not? When we talk to others we know the way all too well.

When Michael and I published The Echo World we had a natural venue. Nobody questions why you should write in a magazine, you just do. Not even myself. Truth is, I miss The Echo World. Not the deadlines, they are as the name implies, deadly. Not the deliveries, or scraping around for suitable material, nor the technical issues. I don't miss those parts much at all, but I do miss the given venue.


Echoes from The Echo World days, Magic Land

The Echo World was a creature, an all-consuming bratty little bastard with a tender heart. Leftover copies of the last issue are presently forming into new creatures of paper-mache. Painfully slowly I might add. All is well in the world and it keeps revolving, unfolding and evolving.

When I met the voodoo queen of New Orleans the first time (there might be more than one voodoo queen here but for me there is only one, an eighty plus miracle of a woman who runs the Voodoo Spiritual temple. Her name is Miriam.) she repeated in a sing-song voice for no apparent reason, "The past echoes forward. Isn't that great? We don't have to dwell on the past because the past echoes forward."

I have been thinking about what parts of The Echo World I truly do miss and would like to echo forward. One part that was great fun was Voices of the Norns - Past, Present and Future. I have decided to reawaken Voices of the Norns. Simply because I feel like it. Or, perhaps closer to the truth, because I missed them lately. And they are, for quite natural reasons, never far away.

Voices of the Norns - Past, Present and Future was featured in The Echo World over its last years and some were republished on this blog. If you are curious click the links: 

Voices of the Norns - Past, Present, and Future - The Worlds

Voices of the Norns: Past, Present and Future - The Voice





I invite you to ask questions to the Norns and see what they come up with. This is an offering, FREE of charge and for our mutual curiosity. There are only a few things to consider:

The Norns are cryptic and sometimes harsh. Do not ask a question you do not want an answer to. I will give the answer as close to the words I am given as possible. If you're ready to play, fire away. Send your question to sofiakarinaxelsson@gmail.com. 

I will choose questions, edit down if need be and proofread. That is my only charge. The Norns will do the rest. They usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voices of the Norns - What To Do?

Detail Present day altar, New Orleans - Smoke Dear Norns, I am right now in a sort of a searching phase. There are many things in my life wh...