Saturday, November 6, 2021

Voices of the Norns: Past, Present and Future - The Voice

 

By the root of Yggdrasil – the World Tree, and the well of Urd - the Well of Fate, sit the three Norns that rule over the destiny of men and gods. They know the fate of all, including the fact that fate is always in transition.

This is a section where The Echo World readers are welcome to ask the Norns questions about life. I will put myself into a light trance and channel their answers to the best of my ability. I take no responsibility of what their answer may be, however. The Norns can be poetic, mystical and sometimes outright brutal. - Sincerely Sofia Karin Axelsson



Dear Norns, 

I feel I must talk fast so I do not take up precious time for other people. I have worked with this for a long time, but the answer to my dilemma is still hidden from me. I don’t want to disturb others with my presence. I fear to have all attention just on me.

I am not shy in any traditional sense, and I truly believe that I have much good to bring to this world. And yet, there I am swallowing my words, feeling uncomfortable when all eyes are on me. Why is this? Can you help me understand?

Robin McCoy,

Scotland


Dear Coy Bird,

You are not wrong. You are not shy in any traditional sense. What you consider to be a problem is quite different. You have flight in your essence, and fire in your belly. Yet, you are as solid as any of our moss-covered friends in the woods. Your problem is not shyness, but who you are at your root and stem. 

When you speak with a full voice people either shy away, or stare at you with unblinking eyes, do they not? Only a few can take the magnitude of your full, slow voice. The few that know what a gift it is.

You are an oak sort of tree you are. And you’re growing. When an oak is growing, smaller trees and shrubs will not be able to live in his presence anymore. This is what you fear.

And yet, seeds find other places to fly to, where they are not shaded by mighty branches. An oak does not make apologies for growing. When he is large and strong, he will be home to so many creatures it is a whole universe upon itself. 

Speak with a slow, strong voice. And may we all hear it roll like thunder. 

Yours, 

The Norns



This piece was first published in The Echo World November/ December/ January 2021/ 2022 edition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Voices of the Norns - What To Do?

Detail Present day altar, New Orleans - Smoke Dear Norns, I am right now in a sort of a searching phase. There are many things in my life wh...