Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Voices of The Norns - Past, Present and Future - The Broken Key

 


The Broken Key

Dear Norns,

Recently I learned how to look for signs in my immediate environment. I ask the Universe a question and then take a walk. Most often the “answers” I get are comforting and rather clear. I see white feathers and feel a sense of confirmation that I’m on the right path. A four leaf clover means luck, of course. Seeing a frog I interpret as that I should take some time for cleansing and healing. 

But, the other day I asked the question: “How can I and the world move forward and heal after these hard years?” As soon as I started my walk I stepped on a broken key. This did not feel comforting. Neither do I have any clue to how to interpret this sign. Can you help? 

Sincerely,

Beth Crow, Amherst, Va


Little Crow,

How typical of a black feathered ally to ask and ask, and then cry to the sky when the answer is uncomfortable. Crows are magnificent creatures, but impatient, and therefor often get themselves into trouble. Rest assured, however, that you will get what you ask for, one way or the other.

We are the Norns, and know about fate for man, beast and the world. The broken key tells you this:

What has been broken must be mended, before anyone can unlock the door to a better future. So many lives have been lost, so many fates diminished and destroyed. Dear Mother Earth herself is heaving heavy from poisons.

What the world needs is balance. What the world needs is justice. What the world needs is healing. So do you little crow. So does everyone.

Once the work is done, you can mend the broken key. Then, and only then, will you find the door with the keyhole that fits your mended key. You shall open that door, and nothing will ever be the same again.

The Norns



First published in June/ July 2021 edition of The Echo World.

Photos from Pixabay.

1 comment:

Voices of the Norns - What To Do?

Detail Present day altar, New Orleans - Smoke Dear Norns, I am right now in a sort of a searching phase. There are many things in my life wh...