Saturday, January 6, 2024

A Very Red Day

A day is filled up

     with every thougt we have

          every feeling

               every action

               every joy, every low grade sadness of things lost, of the color we paint our aura, or our walls.

This is a good day. Early still. But I will cook a chicken (in the oven, the hottest red spices, lots of onions) and put up pictures in our workroom (second hand frames, some already filled with images of fiddlehead fern and mountains and trees. In some I will put doodles I made over the last years.) In the room where Michael and I write and work and dream. A very important room for us indeed. 

I think I'll use plant allies, those warm and happy ones - cinnamonsticks, cloves and orange peel, I'm sure I'll come up with something more - and make some tea. It will fill up the room with scents. Scents have colors you know. Those scents are reddish, a warm orange hue. The color of the chicken cooking will be a deeper red. It's the chillipepper mostly and the paprika, of course.

Feelings also have colors. At least for me. The feeling of accomplishing something is also red; a bright, shiny red. So putting up those pictures on the wall radiates something. Punching nails into the wall with a hammer defiently creates ruby sparks.

I think this is a very red day.

From collection Associations by Jeffrey M Fletcher



No comments:

Post a Comment

Voices of the Norns - What To Do?

Detail Present day altar, New Orleans - Smoke Dear Norns, I am right now in a sort of a searching phase. There are many things in my life wh...