Saturday, June 2, 2018

I Dream


I dream
     swimming close to the 
bottom of the mountain river,
rounded stones touching my 
soft silvery stomach.

"Deep Dream River," by Appalachian trail, Virginia.

I dream
     walking slowly over the fields,
grazing grass between the fallen leaves,
lifting my antler crowned head for every sound,
fur warming from the rays of the rising sun.

I dream
     Holding my paws gripped to the bark,
steadying myself on the swaying branch,
measuring my goal further away in the tree,
before I take the leap.


"Magic Land," Creekside, Virginia

I dream
     Looking down at the tree-covered mountains,
diving down towards the snake-like river,
looking right through the moving waters,
seeing rounded stones and silver-backed fishes.

I wake up.


Photographs by Sofia Karin Axelsson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voices of the Norns - What To Do?

Detail Present day altar, New Orleans - Smoke Dear Norns, I am right now in a sort of a searching phase. There are many things in my life wh...