Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Mid Life Prayer

 I'm working on a prayer. A prayer for now, to put up on the fridge so I can see it every day.

A prayer is important writing. Or, can be. If you use it right. So far mine includes the concept of turtle (the slower you go the faster you get there) and Idun, goddess of youth and immortality. As expected, it's becoming quite complicated. Or not. The best prayers are usually simple. 

It begins with: "Great Spirit, save me from my own stupidity". Or, something along those lines. I'll see where it goes.

Writing is fun and also immensly difficult. Especially when the writing is a prayer that is in itself a deeply magical way to use words.

A house of its own, just outside French Market


No comments:

Post a Comment

California and Aftermath Contemplating

  A calm spot, Chinatown, San Francisco I did a small trip recently. To California. It made me think about things, as trips usually do. Most...