Thursday, June 27, 2024

Morning ceremony - What Do You Do?

Some time back, after having written the previous blogpost, a friend of mine asked with reference to my morning ceremony, "But what do you do?" 

It wasn't that this particular friend needed advice. She's a skilled magic worker and knows the ins and outs of many spiritual traditions. It was a question interwoven in conversation about these ins and outs. But, she did make me think. If I would put words to what I do during my morning ceremony, however brief it is, what would those words be? In fact, I had to think for several weeks.

Light some candles and burn some sage? Yes, but that's not especially important and sometimes practically impossible.

Write in my journal? Yes, sometimes, if I have something to say to myself or have a dream I want to remember because I find it interesting. But this is not a necessity either.

Be in a space where I can be alone with my thoughts before I take on the day? Yes, absolutely. But that's just a practical setting to make it work at all. I have a renowned bad morning mood. At least, that's what I thought for the longest time but I 've come to  think it's rather that the transfer from dreamworld to awake world is especially tricky for me. Thus, a quiet space is more about saving my immediate co-humans from unnecessary grief. As well as performing any morning ceremony at all.

Do I talk to spirits? Sure, if they are in the mood and I'm capable of receiving any information of worth. Which is great but information is just information. It doesn't actually change anything.

It wasn't until I edited a transcript with a fairly unique character that I got it. He played on words and said something along the lines of, "People talk of mindsets, but I rather say that I set my mind ..." (the man's name is Lee Tunney-Ware.)

That's it. During morning ceremony I set my mind. How I set my mind depends on the day. If there are challenges I boost myself. If there is unclarity, I focus it on certain things: positive things and positive outcomes. It doesn't work if it's make-believe, as in, "I hope this person is miraculously un-annoying today" or the like. For the most part we have an approximate sense of what we're going to face. A person we perceive as annoying will most likely continue to be annoying in our eyes. We have little control over them, if any, but we do have full power of our reaction, or even better, non-reaction in this specific situation. Just as with other daily endeavors. Some things we can control, others not. It's easier said than done, but quite doable. I set my mind on what to focus on, whatever that may be, and how to respond when I meet challenges. Which, of course we will, especially the ones we're trying to avoid. The law of attraction works both ways, after all.

Then I set my heart, my emotions. Could this be the last day of my life? Sure it could, could be anyone's time to move on quite logically. What is important? What is truly of importance, emotionally? So, I focus on that, and it can truly be whatever, whatever makes my heart tick, or even better, warm.

Then I set my spirit. This is a fun part, but also the trickiest, as spirit world works according to it's own logic. If I throw out wishes one day, I can't back out of them the next because things doesn't happen as fast or the way my I and my ego would like. This level demands a lot of trust. Some New Agers like to call this level higher, as in "knowing more and better than" but I personally prefer deeper. This is just semantics, but I don't want to end up in some quasi religious hierarchal mindset. The point is that I set my spirit aligned with spirits I work with that in collaboration that things I cannot see a logical solution to will work out with clear intentions and a whole lot of trust from my end.

So I guess, that's what I do when I do my morning ceremony; I set my mind, my heart and my spirit. Simple enough question. Long answer. Thank you for the question my friend. 


Morning sun, City Park, New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Loose a Dream and Loosing Dream Ceremony

When you loose a dream the ramifications are usually underestimated. A dream is a vague thing after all, different from goals; a dream is an...