Saturday, September 23, 2023

Autumn Equinox Changes

 I had a dream. Colors were muted: greens and browns. I was holding a bowl. In the bowl was time. I was panicking, that time that was running out.

In the morning I had a message waiting for me.

"Happy Equinox," wrote my Love.

I felt a little silly, beacause I had forgotten, the Big Change Celebration.

Journal - Autumn Equinox Dream

It would be easy to see changes as new, new, new. Or feel overwhelmed, or feel only loss. That is why we celebrate the holidays I think. To stand the pressure of change, To allow ouselves to feel what's gone. To honor and move forward with as much grace as we can muster.  Or, at least, move at all. 

Changes are often in company of chatter, even around roaring pagan fires,

"When one door opens, another opens."

Oh yes, it will open allright. That is not the predicament. At all.

Just because we don't dare to feel deeper range of emotions, doesn't mean we're wise.

The challenge is to walk, and feel, and not stumble. Our ancestors were wise. They knew it took a ceremony for this act.

It's easy to be overwhelmed. 

"Time, time! That never will come back," we can shout, clutch our hands over our hearts and wring our hands in agony. Or, we can dream something similar.

Overdrama, catastrophising and being overly sentimental isn't wisdom. ... either.

A step, a step, then one more. A moment, some moments, to feel the Fall Equinox flow through your heart and wet your toes. That's one celebration recipe. That's the celebration for me this year. I wish you a calm transfer. Take your time and lift your feet. Don't stumble on the threshold. But if you do, there's remedies for bruised toes.

Happy Fall Eqinox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

California and Aftermath Contemplating

  A calm spot, Chinatown, San Francisco I did a small trip recently. To California. It made me think about things, as trips usually do. Most...