Friday, February 7, 2020

Lullaby for Heathen Children of All Ages


Wolf Song

I recorded this song by the creek with my Iphone. My only plan was to send it to Vidar Jonas Freden, my great-nephew, and a selected few other magical children of different ages. Somehow I failed in every attempt to get this recording to niece/mother Emelie Freden. So finally I gave up, and decided to upload it as this week's The Echo World Magical Extra. The song is from Ronja the Robber's Daughter by Astrid Lindgren. Music originally by Björn Isfält. Translation of song can be found below:

Wolf Song The wolf howls ferociously in the woods by night He can't sleep for hunger And his den is bitterly cold He lusts for fat sheep O Wolf, o wolf, don't come hither My child you shall have nevermore The wolf howls ferociously in the woods by night He howls and laments for hunger But I give him a pig's tail That shall fit in his stomach O Wolf, o wolf, don't come hither My child you shall have nevermore O Wolf, o wolf, don't come hither My child you shall have nevermore The wolf howls ferociously in the woods by night And can't find a bite to eat But I shall give him a cockrel's comb That shall make his throat burst O Wolf, o wolf, don't come hither My child you shall have nevermore Sleep, my child, in mother's bed And let the wolf howl away For if none before has taken them I shall give him some chicken legs O Wolf, o wolf, don't come hither My child you shall have nevermore O Wolf, o wolf, don't come hither My child you shall have nevermore Translation: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/wolfsl...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Voices of the Norns - What To Do?

Detail Present day altar, New Orleans - Smoke Dear Norns, I am right now in a sort of a searching phase. There are many things in my life wh...